We have an immediate opportunity for a CPIC Governance Specialist to join our talented Professional Services team. The successful candidate will work as a subject matter expert over multiple engagements, overseeing governance processes, and providing day to day support for a government CPIC program and the IT Investment Management process as requested by our customers.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Work closely with the client CPIC team in day-to-day activities of the client agency’s CPIC program
- Support Capital Planning and OMB Major IT Business Case/IT Portfolio Summary tasks
- Develop/review business cases, and support project management documentation and client briefings associated with the CPIC process in satisfying OMB A-11 requirements
- Roll out IT Governance processes across the agency, engagement with other divisions and offices
- Create, review and train on the HHS Enterprise Lifecycle (EPLC) framework processes and artifacts
- Comply with the Federal Information Technology Acquisition Reform Act (FITARA)
- A BA/BS/Master’s degree in the related field.
- A minimum of five years’ experience supporting Capital Planning Investment Control phases and processes
- Understanding of technology delivery and implementation solutions that maximize business value from IT investments
- Supporting Preparation, Execution, and Submission of Budgets
- Providing Benefit-Cost Analyses
- Perform financial and business analyses, risk management and performance measurement, in support of Capital Planning for IT investments
- Development of high-impact presentations for senior client leaders
- Management, preparation and logistics of CPIC-related meetings
- Provide consultation services for the client's IT investments through the CPIC
- Understanding of the Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP) and pairwise comparisons in setting up criteria
- Assist in the response to budget/IT portfolio data calls from OMB and the department
- Assist Government in the collection and presentation of planned versus actual spending and planned versus actual schedule performance figures.
- Ability to provide group facilitation, interviewing, training, and other forms of knowledge transfer
- Identify internal and external training programs to address competency gaps and develop training aids such as manuals and handbooks
- Facilitate learning through a variety of delivery methods including classroom instruction, virtual training, on-the-job coaching
- Proficient knowledge of MS Suite tools, including: Project, Excel, Power Point, Word and Visio
- Hands-on business analysis experience in an IT/IS environment
- Strong understanding and usability comfort of SharePoint
- Strong leadership as well as oral and written communication skills are required
- Developed problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation & communication skills in both oral and written form
- Must have the ability to work well with clients to determine requirements, and execute a plan to meet those requirements in a timely and efficient manner
- Genuine desire to learn is essential
- Experience working in the Federal Government
- Candidate must meet Government Eligibility Requirements
- Strong quantitative skills and comfort working with, analyzing, and synthesizing budget and program data
- In depth knowledge of the CPIC process, techniques and governing laws
- Understand the Technology Business Model Framework and the Federal IT Acquisition Reform Act (FITARA)
- Understanding of the HHS Enterprise Lifecycle (EPLC) governance framework
- Experience with the OMB budget formulation and execution process
- Experience reviewing, scoring and updating investment business cases
- Knowledge of project management principles as promulgated by the PMI
- A knowledge of the ProSight (Oracle PPM) system and TechStat process, techniques and governing laws is a plus
This position is located in Rockville, Maryland.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Work Environment: All employees are responsible for their own safety, as well as that of others in the workplace. To help us maintain a safe workplace, everyone must be safety-conscious at all times. This position is performed in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Disability Specifications: NetImpact Strategies will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
NetImpact Strategies Inc. is a SBA certified 8(a) and Economically Disadvantaged woman-owned, small business with deep expertise in the areas of Portfolio Management, Governance, Financial Management and Budgeting, Acquisition Support, Program and Project Management and Quality Management.
We have been delivering positive impacts to our clients across the federal civilian and DoD sectors. Our solutions empower sound decision-making and management practices, to enable government agencies to serve effectively as good stewards of taxpayer dollars while meeting their mission. At NetImpact Strategies, Inc. we are passionate about what we do and take pride in our work every step of the way. Commitment and accountability are at the core of our relationships. We believe in doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do.
NetImpact Strategies, Inc. provides results oriented services. Working collaboratively with our clients, we provide solutions that address the unique needs of each client. The successful outcome of our efforts is measurable results.
NetImpact Strategies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Recruitment, training and development, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.