We have an immediate opportunity for a Senior Technical Consultant to join our talented Professional Services team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the technical design and functional implementation of key initiative enhancements of the Enterprise Project and Portfolio Management platform (Clarity's CA PPM SaaS platform). This position will utilize technical qualities to successfully design the solution, provide overall guidance to the client, and support implementation and maintenance of the solution.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Translate business requirements into architectural documentation to configure CA PPM environment and meet client needs.
- Understand customer business process and describe various solutions to meet customer needs.
- Conduct out of the box CA PPM configuration demos as well as any custom configurations to show existing and potential clients CA PPM capabilities.
- Identify and assess technical issues, including working with functional analysts and functional team to evaluate root cause analysis and corrective action.
- Script in CA PPM, XOG, NSQL and GEL
- Interact with CA PPM Support to resolve issues related to implementation and performance.
- Assist PM teams to bridge technical/stakeholder gaps (between business process and technical solutions) and provide context of business user’s view for IT driven change.
- Manage workload for junior and senior level developers, explain requirements and architecture.
- Review requirement documents and User Guides to ensure business requirements are accurate, complete and in line with technical solution.
- Ability to understand request to change for CA PPM tool and evaluate the impacts it will have to the rest of the system; this shall conclude performance impacts, configuration impacts, process impacts, etc.
- Participate in testing data related changes and bug fixes, including reviewing test cases, assisting with and/or participating in tests, as needed, develop test script results; report results.
- Assist User Acceptance Testing (UAT). This may include coordinating the room, sending follow up notices to appropriate business users and managing schedule notifications, as assisting the PM with facilitating the execution of UAT.
- Maintain data specifications for Summary of Data Fields, electronic version and field matrix; review and recommend corrections and improvements.
- Provide complete oversite of CA PPM configuration and ensure proper build sheets, process, documentation and other technical documentation is maintained and up to date.
- Manage technical requirements and release schedule from cradle to grave.
- Participate in Integrated Product Team (IPT) sessions, documenting the issues, business impacts and desired outcomes.
- Assist in developing training material such as user guides, job aids, FAQs, etc.
- Create and submit weekly progress reports.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science; or equivalent degree with relevant experience
- Minimum two years of CA PPM Technical Design and Implementation with demonstrated track record of success in multiple projects
- Knowledge of CA PPM best practices
- Experience supporting and enhancing enterprise business solutions, specifically Enterprise Portfolio Management Systems
- Must be knowledgeable in SQL, CA PPM GEL scripting, CA PPM XOG
- Experience with Microsoft Project (MSP) scheduler interface connector
- Ability to read, understand and troubleshoot queries
- Experience translating business requirements into technical requirements
- Must manage client expectations at high level
- Track record of building or participating as a member of high performing teams
- Ability to adapt to change in a very dynamic environment that deals with competing client requests and priorities
- Must be able to efficiently manage the customer and internal resources to meet the established milestones and targeted completion dates.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate through ambiguity and provide a structured problem solving approach
- Data management experience, including data storage, and ability to leverage workflows and notifications to manage the data
- Experience with agile development and UAT as part of the agile development process
- Experience developing and/or reviewing test scripts and reporting test results
- Rally Agile Tool experience
- Familiarity with IT system development life cycle (SDLC)
- Understanding of enterprise and data architecture
- Training material development and delivery experience (Developing technical material, user guides and job aids)
- Experience conducting project, business and technology impact analysis
- Demonstrate ability to translate requirements and solutions into business terminology that is understood by user community
- IT Governance experience
- Strong leadership as well as oral and written communication skills are required
- Developed problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation & communication skills in both oral and written form
- Must meet government eligibility requirements
- Prior work experience in a scrum based agile environment
- Experience with CA Clarity PPM Crystal Reports and Jasper Soft Reporting
- CA PPM Certification
- Genuine desire to learn is essential.
This position is located in the Washington DC metro region.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Work Environment: All employees are responsible for their own safety, as well as that of others in the workplace. To help us maintain a safe workplace, everyone must be safety-conscious at all times. This position is performed in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Disability Specifications: NetImpact Strategies will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
NetImpact Strategies Inc. is a SBA certified 8(a) and Economically Disadvantaged woman-owned, small business with deep expertise in the areas of Portfolio Management, Governance, Financial Management and Budgeting, Acquisition Support, Program and Project Management and Quality Management.
We have been delivering positive impacts to our clients across the federal civilian and DoD sectors. Our solutions empower sound decision-making and management practices, to enable government agencies to serve effectively as good stewards of taxpayer dollars while meeting their mission. At NetImpact Strategies, Inc. we are passionate about what we do and take pride in our work every step of the way. Commitment and accountability are at the core of our relationships. We believe in doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do.
NetImpact Strategies, Inc. provides results oriented services. Working collaboratively with our clients, we provide solutions that address the unique needs of each client. The successful outcome of our efforts is measurable results.
NetImpact Strategies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Recruitment, training and development, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.