We have an opportunity for a Technical Consultant to join our talented Professional Services team. The successful candidate will provide support to members to our Enterprise Architect team in order to provide strategic and tactical support to the client.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Assist PM teams to bridge technical/stakeholder gaps and provide context of business user’s view for IT driven change.
- Review requirement documents and User Guides developed by technical teams to ensure business requirements are accurate and complete.
- Participate in impact analyses for changes to capture the business impacts and ensure the business impacts are documented and communicated. As needed, update business impact status in JIRA.
- Participate in testing data related changes and bug fixes, including reviewing test cases, assisting with and/or participating in tests, as needed, develop test script results; report results.
- Assist Government Project Managers in facilitating Government Acceptance Testing (GAT) and User Acceptance Testing (UAT). This may include coordinating the room, sending follow up notices to appropriate business users and managing schedule notifications, as assisting the PM with facilitating the execution of GAT and UAT.
- Maintain data specifications for Summary of Data Fields, electronic version and field matrix; review and recommend corrections and improvements.
- Provide recommendations and support to other technical teams with respect to requirements documentation and user guides; bridge requirement gaps between development teams and user communities.
- Participate in Integrated Product Team (IPT) sessions, documenting the issues, business impacts and desired outcomes.
- Participate in the Data Management Council (DMC) meetings – preparation/facilitation support; documenting issues, business impacts, and desired outcomes.
- Assist in developing training material such as user guides, job aids, FAQs, etc.
- Create and submit weekly progress reports.
- A BA/BS degree in the related field
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience
- Experience and knowledge of data flow starting from Financial Institutions and how it is used by end user community
- User-centric requirements and configuration Management Expertise (Experience working directly with the user community to understand their processes and help them develop requirements; ensure technical team develops user accurate requirements)
- Data management (data dictionary, data models, data workflows, etc.) expertise
- Experience supporting or working with data teams
- Government Test planning, facilitation and coordination support (experience with UAT and GAT coordination)
- Experience developing and/or reviewing test scripts and reporting test results
- JIRA experience
- Familiarity with IT system development life cycle (SDLC)
- Understanding of enterprise and data architecture
- Training material development and delivery experience (Developing technical material, user guides, job aids, and brownbags)
- Experience conducting project, business and technology impact analysis
- Demonstrated ability to translate technical subject matter into messages that are comprehensible to executives, as well as users of IT systems
- IT Governance experience
- Strong leadership as well as oral and written communication skills are required
- Developed problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation & communication skills in both oral and written form
- CONTRACT REQUIRES SECRET CLEARANCE COMING IN
- Genuine desire to learn is essential.
This position is located in the Washington DC metro region.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Work Environment: All employees are responsible for their own safety, as well as that of others in the workplace. To help us maintain a safe workplace, everyone must be safety-conscious at all times. This position is performed in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Disability Specifications: NetImpact Strategies will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
NetImpact Strategies Inc. is a SBA certified 8(a) and Economically Disadvantaged woman-owned, small business with deep expertise in the areas of Portfolio Management, Governance, Financial Management and Budgeting, Acquisition Support, Program and Project Management and Quality Management.
We have been delivering positive impacts to our clients across the federal civilian and DoD sectors. Our solutions empower sound decision-making and management practices, to enable government agencies to serve effectively as good stewards of taxpayer dollars while meeting their mission. At NetImpact Strategies, Inc. we are passionate about what we do and take pride in our work every step of the way. Commitment and accountability are at the core of our relationships. We believe in doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do.
NetImpact Strategies, Inc. provides results oriented services. Working collaboratively with our clients, we provide solutions that address the unique needs of each client. The successful outcome of our efforts is measurable results.
NetImpact Strategies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Recruitment, training and development, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.