We have an opportunity for a Senior Business Consultant to join our talented Professional Services team. The successful candidate will support the client with regard to Business Process, Data Management and Stakeholder Management services.
Typical responsibilities include:
- Work closely with client’s Project Program Managers, Chief Information Officer (CIO), Chief Technology Officer (CTO), as well as other contractor teams to contribute to solutions and to identify impacts to existing systems.
- Develop, update and maintain requirements, requirements documentation, User Process Flow and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Work closely with technical team to identify areas of technology management improvement and present solutions to the client.
- Document “as-is” and “to-be” user processes to help articulate requirements, inform solution design and assist with test case reviews.
- Develop engagement strategies which promote awareness of tools/systems to assist the internal and external business units in their daily jobs.
- Define communication plans to include executive level briefings as well as detailed user communications which are targeted as specific user communities to inform them of changes and how their daily jobs are impacted.
- Develop and/or review training materials (user guides, job aids, etc.); Develop Operations/User Manuals.
- Create, update and maintain form field matrices; coordinate form changes with related Source to Target Mapping (STTM) documents.
- Partner with development contractors to bridge the gap between technical teams and the business processes.
- Participate in Integrated Product Team (IPT) sessions, documenting the issues, business impacts and desired outcomes.
- Provide guidance to others in developing communications regarding BSA Data and project management.
- Identify inter-dependencies, potential issues, areas of risk, as well as areas of improvement related to business operations and processes.
- Identify document associated business unites/stakeholders and opportunities to engage and communicate with stakeholders to promote awareness and understanding of data management, system development, or other project activities and efforts.
- A BA/BS degree in the related field
- 5-7 years of relevant experience
- Experience and knowledge of data flow starting from Financial Institutions and how it is used by end user community.
- Strong Project and Program Management leadership and management experience; experience in leading and/supporting enterprise level program offices
- Experience working with both business and IT stakeholders and project teams
- Data Management and data oriented business process experience
- Experience conducting project, business, and technology impact analysis
- Business process improvement, gap analysis, and standardization expertise, creating Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Requirements and configuration management experience (JIRA experience)
- Familiarity with IT system development life cycles (SDLC)
- Strategic communications and Stakeholder Engagement experience
- Experience developing executive-level briefings and delivery
- Experience conducting program reviews and health and impact analysis
- Experience supporting program reviews, investment review boards, and other executive-level governing bodies
- Organizational change management experience
- Understanding or experience developing and/or analyzing current and target architecture (data and system)
- Training experience
- IT Governance experience
- Strong leadership as well as oral and written communication skills are required.
- Developed problem-solving and analytical abilities
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation & communication skills in both oral and written form
- CONTRACT REQUIRES SECRET CLEARANCE COMING IN
- Quality Assurance and Quality Control experience or expertise is a plus
- Genuine desire to learn is essential.
This position is located in the Washington DC metro region.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Work Environment: All employees are responsible for their own safety, as well as that of others in the workplace. To help us maintain a safe workplace, everyone must be safety-conscious at all times. This position is performed in a typical office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
Disability Specifications: NetImpact Strategies will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
NetImpact Strategies Inc. is a SBA certified 8(a) and Economically Disadvantaged woman-owned, small business with deep expertise in the areas of Portfolio Management, Governance, Financial Management and Budgeting, Acquisition Support, Program and Project Management and Quality Management.
We have been delivering positive impacts to our clients across the federal civilian and DoD sectors. Our solutions empower sound decision-making and management practices, to enable government agencies to serve effectively as good stewards of taxpayer dollars while meeting their mission. At NetImpact Strategies, Inc. we are passionate about what we do and take pride in our work every step of the way. Commitment and accountability are at the core of our relationships. We believe in doing the right thing because it is the right thing to do.
NetImpact Strategies, Inc. provides results oriented services. Working collaboratively with our clients, we provide solutions that address the unique needs of each client. The successful outcome of our efforts is measurable results.
NetImpact Strategies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Recruitment, training and development, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.